USUI Tradition of Natural Healing
Reiki is an ancient Japanese method of healing by attunement to Universal Energy.
It is “Spiritually Guided Life Force Energy” from an unlimited source.
It is a gentle, relaxing and balancing healing technique, yet it is extremely powerful. It can open many doors on our path to wholeness. Soothing energy flows from the hands of the practitioner into the client promoting relaxation, healing and releasing tension.
Reiki has evolved from the experience of Dr Mikao Usui in Japan during the 19th century. Through his wisdom and research and meditation, he developed this healing system.
He committed his life to practising and teaching Reiki. Today, Reiki continues to be transmitted from teacher to student, following the tradition.
There is no belief system attached to Reiki, so it is available to all.
Receiving a Reiki Healing
Reiki is a Japanese energy transference technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing and wellbeing. Reiki flows through the hands of the practitioner to areas of need, re-balancing the energies within the body, soothing pain and discomfort and supporting the body’s natural healing ability to heal itself. The whole person is treated and the aim is to bring harmony to the mind, body and spirit. Reiki is gentle, natural and safe and available to everyone.
Reiki courses help to promote self-development and empower the person to have an understanding of this effective system.
Reiki is taught differently from other healing systems or therapies, mainly because of the attunement/initiation process. Attune means harmony and initiate means ceremony. The empowerment is there for life.
Channelling Reiki does not deplete the Practitioner’s own energy. In fact it can revitalise! Reiki is a practical tool which will help to increase self awareness and intuition and be a positive step to create health and happiness.
On this course you are attuned and opened to Reiki energy through a transmission procedure. The First Degree is for self-healing and also to help family and friends. It is complete in itself and is the basis for all Reiki healing and applications. It is taught over two days.
- Four initiations (attunements). Meditations.
- History and Lineage and Tradition of Reiki
- Ethics. Principles and Precepts
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology
- The Energy Centres and the Energy Field. Subtle energies
- Self-Healing and Reiki support in daily life
- Healing others. Animals, plants and the environment
- Practical applications and practice time
- And more…..
Course fee £120.00
There is normally at least a two/three month gap between the First and Second Degree. Those who take this level can practice professionally, if they want to. It is also taught over two days. Reiki symbols are introduced to increase the power of Reiki and to help distant healing.
- Second Degree initiation (attunement). Meditations.
- Second Degree symbols, their meanings and their uses in:
- Distant healing, work across time and space, help with applications and directing energy to situations, individually, groups, the planet Earth
- Creating a sacred space
- Energy exercises and techniques. Beaming, scanning, chakra balancing
- Developing the healing technique for body and mind and as a tool for spiritual growth
- Professional practice
- And more….
Course fee £150.00
Master/Teaching on Request
Reiki will guide you in the direction that is most natural and is also the most benefit to others. This level is separated into two parts.
This module is available for people who have completed the Second Degree Reiki and who wish to have access to the full energy of Reiki. Not everyone wants to teach, but many people feel that they would like to go further in their journey with Reiki. This module covers three main areas: further personal expansion, additional tools for healing oneself and others, and a focus on service to all beings.
- Third degree Attunement
- Master Symbol and the Symbol used for Attunements
- Explanation of their meanings. Uses and application of these Symbols
- Meditations. (Opening to guidance and sharing Light with all beings; Metta-Loving Kindness; Forgiveness)
- Energy exercises such as Micro Cosmic Orbit
- Exploration of service and the Radiant Heart
- Principles and Precepts of Reiki and awareness training
- Practical applications and working with specific crystals
- General discussion time
Duration: Two days
Course fee: £200.00
The responsibilities of teaching and passing on the attunements. Structuring and designing courses/workshops/manuals. Creating meditations.
The length of time depends on each individual’s experience and requirements and will be adapted to help and support the student in their choices.
This Reiki training offers the traditional Usui method according to the Reiki standards set by the International Guild of Professional Practitioners. Continuous Professional Development Credits on all courses.
Regular Courses will be run at:
Totnes Natural Health Centre, Waterside, The Plains, Totnes, Devon TQ9 5DW – Tel: 01803 864587
The Reiki Principles
- Just for today I will live the attitude of gratitude
- Just for today I will not worry
- Just for today I will not anger
- Just for today I will do my work honestly
- Just for today I will show love and respect for every living being